Skippered Self-Catering Barges on the Canals of France
Ever wanted to cruise the Canals of France on a Barge with all the benefits of a self-catering holiday, without the responsibility of having to skipper the vessel?
This unique holiday experience is perfect for friends and family who want the casualness of a self-catering escape but like a bit of luxury. The owners of the Barge take care of the navigation, locks etc (you are welcome to assist); all you have to do is sit back and watch the life on the canal unfold. If you feel active grab a bike and explore!
You are in charge of your own catering and have full use of the Galley, you can choose to dine ashore in a local restaurant (some Michelin quality), or just grab a takeaway. Your hosts are always on hand to advise the best places to eat.
Available on selected Barges in the regions of Burgundy (Ouche Valley) and Languedoc-Roussillon (Canal du Midi).
- Six night Charter, including diesel, power, water
- Cabins with en-suite facilities
- Spacious living areas and sun deck
- Use of the Galley and its equipment/utensils
- Basic pantry staples, salt/pepper/ﬂour/sugar/oil etc
- Linen (changed on request)
- Transfers from / to a local major location on days 1 and 7
- Shopping excursions x2 for Galley provisions in owner’s vehicle
- Use of bikes • Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Friendly advice and local knowledge from the Barge owners
What’s not included?
- Food and beverage (except pantry staples)
- Transportation services (except transfers and provision shopping)
- Gratuities (at own discretion)
Additional Options: Breakfast & Excursion packages
Capacity: Up to 4 or 6 persons (depending on the Barge)
Season: March to October